As a consumer group, Survivors have the lowest resources; they exhibit no primary motivation.
Members of this group typically:
- Are cautious and risk averse
- Are the oldest consumers
- Are thrifty
- Are not concerned about appearing traditional or trendy
- Take comfort in routine, familiar people, and places
- Are heavy TV viewers
- Are loyal to brands and products
- Spend most of their time alone
- Are the least likely use the internet
- Are the most likely to have a landline-only household.
Source: Nationally representative samples of more than 50,000 US adults age 18 and older from VALS™/GfK MRI and SBI proprietary studies annually.