As a consumer group, Innovators exhibit all three primary motivations in varying degrees.
Members of this group typically:
- Are always taking in information (antennas up)
- Are confident enough to experiment
- Make the highest number of financial transactions
- Are skeptical about advertising
- Have international exposure
- Are future oriented
- Are self-directed consumers
- Believe science and R&D are credible
- Are most receptive to new ideas and technologies
- Enjoy the challenge of problem solving
- Have the widest variety of interests and activities.
Source: Nationally representative samples of more than 50,000 US adults age 18 and older from VALS™/GfK MRI and SBI proprietary studies annually.