The VALS™ Survey
To Take the Survey:
- Click "Take The Survey" below (it will open in a separate browser window).
- Answer the questions. No answers are right or wrong; just select the answers that best describe you.
- Click "Submit" at the bottom of the survey page.
- Your browser will automatically go to another web page that displays your VALS types—the type that you are most like and the type that you are second-most like.
- We will not e-mail survey results to you.
If You're Having Trouble Taking the Survey:
- This online version of the VALS™ survey is optimized for Firefox 3.x or higher and Internet Explorer 6.x or higher.
- Company and personal firewalls sometimes interfere with the survey. You may need to disable your firewall.
- You may also need to turn off your computer's or Web browser's automatic pop-up blocker.
About the VALS™ Survey
The purpose of the VALS™ survey is to identify the VALS type of the person taking the survey. That's it. To find out about a person's product ownership, media preferences, hobbies, additional demographics, or attitudes (for example, about global warming), the questions in the VALS survey integrate into larger questionnaires that ask about these topics. For example, the VALS questions integrate into GfK MRI's nationally syndicated Survey of the American Consumer, which enables us to see the media preferences of each of the eight VALS types. The VALS questions also integrate into our own Consumer Financial Decisions' MacroMonitor survey, giving us in-depth information about how each VALS type uses, invests, and saves money.
So go ahead. Take the VALS Survey and find out your own VALS type.